Happy 1st September! I don’t know why, but I’m excited about September. And I love that it’s the first of the month today.
Maybe I feel optimistic because Tom and I have decided to recommit to healthy eating. Recently, we have had quite a few date nights that have involved far too much alcohol. In the day time I’ve been consuming too much caffeine and sugar, as well as our healthy eating being sporadic. So I’m cobbling together an action plan. It’s not complete yet but does involve nudging the nasties out by overwhelming them with the good stuff. Our focus is going to be on juicing.
I love juicing but it’s been a while since I’ve committed to it. Tom’s never been into juicing; I’m so pleased that he’s joining me this time. I’m not sure how we’re going to fit it into our daily routine so that it becomes sustainable. Thus far I’m thinking either first thing in the morning or at happy hour (which is usually the last hour leading up to the kids bedtime).
Theo and I enjoyed a carrot, apple, cucumber and lime juice this morning… Is it bad that I’m secretly hoping that we’ll juice frequently enough that my old, old juicer will pack in so I can splash out on a new one?
Anyway, here’s how the first day has gone:
Reboot Day One
What have I done?
– Since I’m yet t0 create a firmer plan, I have just kept my (helpfully) already vegan diet as simple and minimally processed as possible.
– I’ve cut my caffiene right down to one cup of tea this morning.
– I’ve minimised my sugar intake to just a couple of squares of dark chocolate this afternoon (I guess that should come under caffeine too).
How am I feeling?
– Shot, ha.
– Tired but no more than usual
– Sore sinuses
– I’ve had a headache since this afternoon, that has gotten worse as the day has gone on.
– I think I’m defo experiencing the foggy thinking too.